Digitalization of agro-industrial complex to be accelerated
The digitalization of farmland in Kazakhstan will be accelerated, Kazakh Vice Minister of Agriculture Baglan Bekbauov stated in the Senate. 39 percent of the land has now been digitized. As a result of joint work with the ‘Kazakhstan Gharysh Sapary’ National Company, the remaining 61 percent will be completely converted to electronic format within two years, instead of the planned five years. More than eight million hectares of unused land were identified with the help of space monitoring, of which 2.5 million pastures were returned to state ownership.
“President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev in his State-of-the-Nation Address raised the topic of digitalization, space monitoring and remote sensing of the agro-industrial complex. The main task of digitalization of agriculture is to reduce the cost of production, improve its quality and prevent corruption. In this regard, it is necessary to achieve significant economic efficiency through the use of global experience in the introduction of digital technologies. Undoubtedly, new technologies will have a positive impact on the agricultural sector and open up new opportunities. It is important to increase the country’s income through the digitalization of the agro-industrial complex, which is the basis of the economy,” said Ali Bektayev, Member of the Senate of Kazakh Parliament.
Translation by Saniya Sakenova
Editing by Galiya Khassenkhanova